Builder selection ($200 plus GST)
Selecting the right builder is one of the most significant expenditures you will make in your life. You want to make sure you find the best builder to build your Vereco Home. You may have a friend or relative or friend of a friend that is a builder and of course you should invite them to bid. It is risky to accept any proposal without checking out other potential builders.
Vereco uses a 7 step process to help you find the most suitable builder:
- Define selection criteria - in this step, we will work with you to determine what is most important to you in selecting a builder. This will include factors such as cost, qualifications, reputation and risk management.
- Builder list - you will usually want to get at least three quotations. Deciding who to include in the process is a significant decision. We can recommend Vereco Licensed Builders for you to consider, but you would want at least 1 independent bid.
- Request for quote - this is a formal request for a quote from the selected builders. The RFQ includes the construction plans and detailed specification and any other relevant documentation about your build. The RFQ informs the builder what you want to know about their bid and their company so you can make an informed decision.
- RFQ Queries - as the builders evaluate the RFQ, there are invariably questions asked about the plans and specifications. To ensure that all bidders have the same information, each question is answered in a RFQ Query document shared with all bidders.
- Benchmarking - sometimes builders exclude certain features or add additional features that you had not requested. Benchmarking enables you to normalize the bids so they can be compared against each other. This stage also includes reference checks.
- Builder selection - based on the selection criteria, you select your builder builder.
- Contracting - a contract is defined as an agreement with specific terms between two or more persons or entities in which there is a promise to do something in return for a valuable benefit known as consideration. The contract is a very important part of the builder selection process and should involve your lawyer. Vereco has no lawyers and cannot provide assistance with contracting.